With offices in Atlanta, Boulder, Brisbane, London, Reno and Tokyo, Wahoo is working to be the global leader in smart training. Wahoo’s mission is to be the global brand of choice for passionate endurance enthusiasts by delivering a simple, yet powerful ecosystem of products for training, competing and having fun.
Wahoo has created a full ecosystem of smart devices and workout content for runners, cyclists, triathletes and general fitness enthusiasts. Wahoo’s award-winning line of products include the KICKR family of smart trainers and accessories, the ELEMNT family of bike computers, the TICKR family of heart rate monitors and training content including The Sufferfest. Founded in 2010, our products are sold globally and we have won multiple innovation awards, including ones from the Consumer Electronics Show and Eurobike. We need creative, passionate, self-starters who thrive in a casual, free-flowing environment to help fuel our growth.
Hear the history of Wahoo from our founder, Chip Hawkins, on the Home Roads podcast.
Wahooligans are on a constant search for an edge and look to technology to help them find it. While they compete to win, every Wahooligan knows it’s never about the finish line. It’s about the workout waiting on just the other side. A workout that needs a goal. A goal that needs a plan. And a plan that needs to be tracked, analyzed and shared using tools created by people who get what makes them “Wahoo!”
Wahoo team members are good at what we do because we’re passionate about it. We’re looking for folks who have a variety of outside interests and who are as passionate about what they do for work and for fun. You don’t have to be an Olympic athlete or rocket scientist to work at Wahoo, but you should do what you love and love what you do.
Wahoo Team members are self-starting, self-motivated, initiative-taking, and make-it-happen kind of people. We’re a small company, so we need people who can figure things out on their own, know when to ask for help, and can drive things forward quickly and efficiently. We get stuff done. We need people who think different. We are innovators, which sometimes means creating something that’s never been built before and sometimes means just finding a way to do things better, smarter, easier, faster. An ownership mindset is a must - don’t expect for someone to do your job for you. When you accept a role at Wahoo, you own everything that goes along with it. Every relationship. Every deadline. Every outcome. We think excuses kinda suck - so don’t try to blame our dog, Birdie, when your homework isn’t done.
We’re nice people. And a lot of what we do is based on building great relationships. From how we deal with our customers to how we treat one another, our overriding imperative is that we always do what’s right. We want to work with folks who have a friendly, positive attitude and a fantastic ability to play well with others. We want people who build friendships, not networks.
At Wahoo, our culture is an important part of who we are and what we do. If you think this description fits you, we would love to meet you. Please throw your name in the ring and we will do our best to get back to you soon!
Customer Service Coordinator - Atlanta
Customer Service Coordinator will work as part of the fabulous Customer Service Team to deliver world-class technical support to Wahoo Fitness customers. These wonderful employees represent Wahoo to consumers for all product and App related questions and concerns. This position has openings based in Atlanta, GA.
- Interface with customers, either via email, chat or phone to quickly, efficiently and completely RESOLVE customer service issues
- Use our customer service management system, [Zendesk], to log and manage customer service interactions
- Coordinate shipments of defective products to manufacturers for testing and/or credit
- Manage in-house spare / refurbished parts inventory
- Communicate with customer to keep them updated thought-out the resolution process the status of product (received, tested, replaced, cancelled)
- Qualified candidates for this role will possess a minimum of 1-3 years demonstrated experience performing a customer service role.
- Prior experience working in a customer service role for a technology company dealing with connective devices preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn, understand, and follow established procedures based on technology.
- Technologically savvy; experience using Zendesk (or comparable customer service management system), Google Drive, and Microsoft Office a plus
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills; pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude; plays well with others
- Ability to handle all customers patiently and with kindness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills plus practiced listening skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational ability to handle multiple events simultaneously
- Strong ability to problem solve and prioritize
- Has “thick skin” and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers
- Strong bias for action and demonstrated desire for ownership
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Foreign language a plus
- Enjoys cycling (or running) is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sport/fitness and technology
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to include early evenings and weekends.
- Ideal candidate is self-motivated and additionally works well in a team environment
Human Resources Director
- Unique combination of technical depth, people management, sensibility, vision and passion.
- Develops and leads HR programs that:
- Attract, retain and motivate the talent Wahoo needs to achieve its business goals
- Provides managers the tools and training to effectively motivate our employees
- Creates and sustains a fun, innovative, productive and healthy work environment.
- Report to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Human Resources Director is responsible for all Human Resources services, policies and programs for Wahoo, including:
- Recruiting, on-boarding and succession planning
- Employee development, and training
- Performance management
- Employee relations
- Employee and community communications
- Policy development and documentation
- Regulatory compliance
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, wellness, and health
- Work environment and space planning.
- Directs a process of organizational planning that identifies the talent required for the company to achieve its business goals.
- Designs, directs and manages a company-wide process of organization development that includes succession planning, workforce development, key employee retention, and organization design.
- Collects and analyzes employee feedback through company meetings, employee surveys, employee focus groups, and one-on-one meetings.
- Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Leads a process of organization development that plans, communicates, and integrates the results of strategic planning throughout the organization.
- Keeps the CEO and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
Training and Development
- Defines all HR training and development programs, including manager training.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system.
- Formulates and recommends HR policies regarding employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers in determining appropriate disciplinary procedures. Monitors the implementation of performance improvement plans with non-performing employees.
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Leads the implementation of company safety, wellness and health programs.
- In partnership with outside legal counsel, leads company compliance with all legal and government reporting requirements in all countries in which Wahoo operates.
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approves all information submitted. Serves as the primary contact with the company employment law attorney and outside government agencies.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to be a trusted advisor to members of the leadership team.
- Broad technical knowledge and 8+ years of progressive experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, training and development.
- Comfort being a “working manager” who can navigate between the strategic and tactical.
- An open communicator – we strive to maintain a culture and a company where we leave politics at the door, where brainstorming is the norm and where we encourage every colleague to be engaged in the process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources staff.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Certified sense of humor.
Supply Chain Analyst
The Supply Chain Analyst will be a key player in creating real-time visibility into Wahoo’s Supply Chain in an effort to shift to managing the supply chain by exception. In order to support the next levels of growth we must quickly establish baseline KPIs that give a good understanding of those Orders, Shipments, or Inventory Levels that are being delayed or depleted and keep the focus on resolving those issues quickly. By establishing these metrics directly within NetSuite Analytics and improving our operational reporting we will improve our overall execution efficiency, allowing us to better control costs associated to expedited transportation and overall service. Additionally, this role will analyze and assess the impact of business policies on total delivered costs. This role will make recommendations and perform project management execution activities driving continuous improvement in the areas of service, quality, delivery and cost.
- Lead on Distribution Network Modeling and Optimization to increase speed to market and decrease total delivered costs
- Lead, coordinate and interact directly with customers on supply chain improvement initiatives such as On Time and In Full (OTIF) and Over, Shortage & Damage
- Create/Modify NetSuite Reports and Saved Searches
- Create/Modify NetSuite Analytics Pivot Tables and Charts
- Oversee High-Level Operational Reports and drive continuous improvement in all aspects from Purchasing through to Delivery to customers.
- Create/Modify Google Forms and sheets to help build processes that provide oversight and visibility to execution
- Collaborate and communicate to team members project status and rollouts
- Create and maintain process documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, supply chain, or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 3-5 years practical experience in Supply Chain Analytics
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with Google Forms and Sheets
- Preference for SuiteAnalytics User Certification
- Preference for experience with NetSuite Workflows and Scripts
- Experience with SQL (script writing / optimizing, stored procedures, functions, triggers).
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean, or other Process Improvement Methodology
Front End Web Developer
Wahoo is looking for a front end developer with UX knowledge to join our e-commerce team. Your primary focus is to help us build and continuously innovate the user experience on wahoofitness.com. The ideal candidate is design focused with a passion for coding and is able to share ideas and collaborate in a team setting. You should have a flexible, creative approach to problem-solving, and have the ability to take technical ownership with respect to development changes.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA and will report to the Director of e-commerce.
- Work closely with our back-end developer and third-party agency to ensure the integrity of the UX/UI throughout the websites.
- Troubleshoot any front end technical or performance issues that may arise.
- Self-manage development tasks and proactively raise issues, concerns, and suggestions to the team.
- Develop new functionalities to improve our e-commerce experience.
- Ability to work on blank canvas concepts and bring original, innovative ideas to life (surprise us!)
- You will work to bring UX designs/wireframes to life, while re-imagining, refining and improving existing websites as well.
- Will need to uphold brand identity and cross-website consistency while respecting individual websites.
- You will need to have an eye for details and keep an eye on the big picture.
- Passion for fitness
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve desired, creative results
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- 4+ years web development experience
- Experience theming/styling with HTML5 and CSS3 for as long as you remember.
- Experience theming/styling with HTML and CSS for as long as you can remember
- Experience working with SASS, SCSS, or LESS based style sheets
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in CMS platforms such as WordPress
- Knowledge of responsive design concepts and best practices of UX/UI design and development as it pertains to eCommerce
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Strong communication skills to work cross functionally and communicated ideas with marketing, sales, and product development
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a team, and to respect project timelines
The Firmware Engineer is a hands-on position that develops firmware for Wahoo’s cutting-edge connected-device products. The position is based at Wahoo Fitness’ Atlanta office. Competitive compensation package (including healthcare) provided.
- Support a cross functional team (R&D, Engineering, Software and Marketing) to develop the firmware for cutting-edge consumer electronics hardware designs and bring them to market
- Support product requirements, definition, design, optimization, validation and release processes
- Self-manage and track development activities
- Draft diagnostic requirements for design verification and mass production testing
- BSCE or equivalent experience in software/computer science.
- Proficiency with electronics measuring equipment such as Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers.
- 5+ years of firmware development experience.
- Extensive embedded C experience.
- Experience with small micro buses; serial, i2c, spi.
- Bluetooth Low Energy, ANT+ experience.
- Microcontroller experience; Nordic / TI micro experience a plus.
- Knowledge of basic electronics theory/concepts. Can read a schematic.
- Object Oriented experience eg. one or more of the following languages: Java, C#, Objective C, C++.
- Experience with Git for source control.
- Familiar with the basics of iOS and/or Android development a plus.
- Experience with closed loop control and feedback systems for AC and BLDC motors (sensored and sensorless) a plus.
- Familiar with an Agile development environment.
- Work as part of a distributed software development team to develop and maintain Wahoo’s web applications and services
- Develop software inline with our existing software architecture and coding guidelines
- Implement new features and modules inline with our project and release milestones
- Liaise with other members of the team through virtual and physical meetings
- 3+ years of professional web application development experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Experience building and supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment
- Understanding of HTML/CSS (SCSS, SASS)
- Experience building and designing APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Well versed with Relational database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Well versed in Document/Object-based database technologies (Redis, Mongo)
- Experience with writing automated tests (Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium)
- An appreciation for the benefits of Agile practices
- Strong communication skills
The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the product Management team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team. This position reports to the Product Manager. Product Owner responsibilities include gathering feature requests, scheduling releases and prioritizing work for teams. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. Ultimately, you’ll help us roll-out products that deliver our company’s vision. This position is based in Brisbane or Atlanta.
- Refine and prioritize backlog - As a member of the extended Product Management team, the PO is heavily involved in program backlog refinement and prep for PI planning and plays a significant role in planning events
- Assists in preparation and execution of PI (Program Increment) planning"
- Incorporate feature requests into product roadmap
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Accept user stories each sprint
- Set sprint goals
- Break down large products into smaller slices of value that can be delivered incrementally
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Follow progress of work and identify issues during sprints
- Analyze preferences and requests of end users
- Be a part of the team that refines our agile methodology based on results and client feedback
- Keep track of industry trends
- Work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
- Familiarity with Scrum
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework is a plus
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- College degree, BA/BS in SW Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of Product Owner or related field experience
- Ability to analyze team situations and create actionable recommendations to overcome challenges and team deliverables
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Tactical agility and attention to details, pragmatic
- Self Motivated, Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for fitness technology
- Knowledgeable of the Cycling, running, swimming or other relevant categories
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Good organizational skills
Technical Project Manager
The Technical Project Manager manages multiple, large projects to ensure projects are completed efficiently and product launches are within project cost and on time. The position will report to the Manager of Technical Project Manager Team.
- Develop project schedules, estimates and resource plans. Present to management for approval.
- Establish and implement project management processes to ensure product launches are on time, within project cost and adhere to quality standards.
- Manage day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple large-scale projects, including interactions with outside vendors.
- Proactively engage project teams and outside vendors to identify and remove roadblocks to ensure the project is meeting agreed-upon timelines and deliverables.
- Track key project milestones and adjust project plans to meet product launch dates.
- Provide daily project status updates to the head of product design and development.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress.
- Heavy experience in engineering and manufacturing operations.
- Experience in HW Product Development
- Familiarity with Agile is key.
- Mechanical Engineering experience
- Excellent project management skills, experience working in a matrix organization.
- Direct experience leading any of the following functional engineering teams (ME, EE, Mfg and Test Engineering)
- Shown bottom line project management experience. (Planning, Cost, & Delivery).
- Experience working with international OEM partners.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment
- New product introduction and Manufacturing operations experience desired
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for fitness and/or technology
System Architect - Cloud
- Continuously improve existing cloud architectures to create a scalable cloud capability for the various products and services of Wahoo.
- Drive the adoption of continuous delivery and continuous integration capabilities that decrease the cycle times for delivery.
- Serve as a technical liaison among various technology teams in different parts of Wahoo.
- Help to create a strong technology landscape of tools and frameworks at Wahoo.
- Complete critical initiatives related to cloud-based initiatives that improve the experience for our customers.
- 5+ years experience leading a software delivery or cloud delivery team with a focus on DevOps practices and a track record of delivering working solutions at scale
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A background in software, infrastructure, and cloud technologies with a focus on infrastructure as code, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation, and other technologies commonly associated with DevOps practices
- Experience in building and leading a team that pushes forward on emerging DevOps practices
- Experience developing systems that scale to a large number of users
- Experience with agile methodologies and lean product development
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with proven experience working efficiently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Highly organized with the ability to deliver in collaborative remote team setting
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sports and fitness technology
Software Engineer in Test
The Software Engineer in Test will help shape the future of test and automation on Wahoo's product. His or her role would be to build automated testing into our CI platform and foster development of high performing IOT devices to help us ensure excellent product quality.
- Work in a small, dynamic team to develop and test our hardware and software, including ELEMNT Computers and Companion apps
- Test Software on Hardware products over Bluetooth and ANT+
- Define test framework requirements and develop modules to automate feature test cases
- Develop automated test cases to reduce manual test execution time
- Monitor results of automated suites within our CI infrastructure
- Ensure that all testing is completed in-line with the Agile development cycles
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent in work experience
- 2+ years of total experience in Mobile Test Automation
- Passionate about quality and software testing
- Experience using automation tools like Appium and Cucumber
- Comfortable working with development team members to eliminate potential test coverage vulnerabilities
- Comfortable working with Jira, CollabNet or equivalent work tracking toolset
- Experience with CI/CD and device farm solution setups
- Out of the box thinking in how to approach test automation coverage involving multiple products that share data
- Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy), ANT+ experience a plus
- Familiarity with BDD or TDD testing a plus
- Test Automation including hardware experience a plus
Wahoo Fitness is one of the leading companies in the endurance sports industry. We're looking for a Test Engineer to join our app team and help us further develop one of the most creative, effective and innovative training platforms on the market today: The Sufferfest.
- Work in a small, dynamic team to develop and test The Sufferfest software on web, mobile, API and integration with 3rd party trainers and sensors
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Share development/team organization work in an agile-scrum environment
- Identify and design test plans, develop and execute test cases
- Setup up test environments and ensure proper version control/management
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent in work experience
- 2+ years of commercial software testing experience
- Passionate for sport fitness, technology and software testing
- Knowledge of API testing using Postman or equivalent toolset
- Understanding of Cross Browser compatibility testing
- Experience documenting test cases using BDD and Cucumber
- Comfortable working with Jira, TestRail, VersionOne or equivalent work tracking toolset
- Experience testing in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy), ANT+ experience a plus
- Testing including hardware experience a plus