At Wahoo, our employees call themselves Wahooligans. To be a Wahooligan means to be driven by the purpose of building the better athlete in all of us. It means to be inspired by the vision of being THE global leader in smart fitness and training. It means operating by a core set of values that include challenging the status quo, supporting each other, doing the right thing, taking ownership of your work and having fun.
Wahooligans have been completely transforming the way endurance athletes train since we launched the first smart trainer for cyclists in 2013, the KICKR. We didn’t stop innovating there though. In 2016, we launched the first app-enabled GPS bike computer, the ELEMNT. In 2018, we launched the first indoor grade simulator, the CLIMB. In 2019, we launched the KICKR Bike, arguably the most innovative bike simulator on the planet. Then in 2020, we broke into the multisport endurance space with the first GPS watch with touchless transitions, the RIVAL. We do not plan on stopping there, and we need great people to join us as we continue to transform the training experience. As a company that is constantly innovating, we need to hire great people and often ask them to do things that push them out of their comfort zone. After all, as Wahooligans, we find comfort in discomfort. If you are up for that kind of challenge, we invite you to keep reading.
Department: Engineering – Sports and Data Science Team
Lieu : Atlanta or the Netherlands (ideally ‘s-Hertogenbosch/Eindhoven area)
Reports to: Lead Scientist
We’re looking for an Algorithm Engineer to develop innovative solutions working with data ranging from low level sensor data up to high level athletic data. The ideal candidate for this role will be a social self-starter who enjoys a good challenge, and the reward that comes with achieving what others may believe to be impossible. In this role you will need to be able to quickly get up to speed with new products, technologies, techniques and tool chains.
Are you excited about the challenge of developing the algorithmic magic at the core of Wahoo’s next generation products? Then throw your name in the ring!
- Collect, analyze and visualize data from a wide variety of sources, including GNSS, IMU, barometer, ECG, and electromechanical brakes and actuators
- Process data in time and frequency domain using state of the art digital signal processing techniques
- Develop empirical, first principles, and hybrid models
- Develop well architected and tested algorithms ready to be implemented in production firmware and software
In this role, you will:
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computing Science, Biomedical Engineering, Biomechatronics, Physics, or similar
- Experience with applied research
- Expert knowledge of data analysis and statistics including machine learning
- Expert knowledge of digital signal processing, including digital filtering and sensor fusion
- Expert knowledge of mathematical modeling
- Expert knowledge of Python and/or Matlab
- Experience with C and/or C++
- Experience using software source control
- Desire to develop well architected and tested software solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment
- Ability to travel internationally as required, typically once or twice per year
- Can do / will learn attitude
- Well-developed sense of ownership
- Passion for sports
We’d love to hear from you if have:
- Experience working with IMU, GNSS and/or ECG data
- Experience working with electromechanical brakes and/or actuators
- Experience with system identification and control systems design
- Experience with object-oriented programming principles
Other desirable experiences and skills include:
Sr. Brand Manager
Department: Global Marketing - Brand
Lieu : Wahoo HQ (Atlanta, GA)
Reports to: Global Head of Marketing
We’re looking for a Sr. Brand Manager to lead our brand efforts to accelerate our mission to become the brand of choice for endurance athletes. Working closely with partners across the organization and external creative agencies, you will help drive brand awareness, consideration and customer acquisition. You will be responsible for developing and bringing seasonal storytelling to life across athletes, events and social channels.
We are looking for a high potential individual who is results-oriented and highly collaborative. The ideal candidate has a passion for developing consumer-centric strategies and commercial experiences across both digital and physical channels. You will have a background in brand marketing and are an innovative problem solver. You are data driven and consumer obsessed, and able to seamlessly move between forward thinking and tactical implementation.
Are you excited about the challenge of engaging Wahooligans, activating brand advocates,advancing brand reputation, increasing preference, and ultimately driving revenue? Then throw your name in the ring!
- Oversee a team of high performing marketing talent across: teams & athletes, content & social, events and channel marketing, supporting them to success and building best in class strategies within these core brand areas
- Build short and long-term brand strategies to grow Wahoo’s consumer base, aligned to business goals
- Be responsible for seasonal brand campaigns, from brief to execution and maturity, and report out against key success metrics
- Work collaboratively with external agencies where needed to deliver key campaigns to support growth goals
- Manage activations budgets to deliver against key KPIs
- Manage the yearly & monthly marketing calendar, by collectively partnering with key members of the marketing team to ensure an aligned vision and strategy
- Be a brand custodian and implement effective strategies and processes to ensure high brand consistency both internally and externally
- Partner with wider commercial team to build effective brand plans that hit key brand objectives
- Partner with GTM and product marketing teams to ensure high success within owned channels
- Develop a best in class brand marketing team and encourage problem-solving, strategic thinking, customer-orientation and KPI accountability amongst the team
In this role, you will:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Entrepreneurial spirit; Strong desire to work in a high growth culture
- Proven ability to flex from big picture strategic thinking to “in the weeds” executional detail
- 8+ years of experience working within marketing at large consumer brands across various time zones, preferably across health, wellness, sports, and/or tech categories.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team
- Personal passion for consumer electronics and fitness technologies
- Must have strong organizational skills, creative and consumer obsessed
- Demonstrated experience managing a team
- Experience managing external agencies
- A deep attention to detail and dedication to accuracy and precision with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines required.
We’d love to hear from you if you have: